The difference between Mercator and Peters maps. At first glance they both seem very different in the way they look. The Mercator map looks like the one you've been shown all your life, in school to learn where the continents are. The Peters looks very different from the maps we know. Neither of them are wrong, it's just the perspective. Peters map is accurate in terms to size of continents, Mercator map is accurate in the way of shape and direction of continents. The Mercator map has the shape of the world and direction of the continents correct but if you want a more real portraition of the continents and the actual size of the land. sources-- https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Gall-Peters-projection-map-accurate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gall%E2%80%93Peters_projection
We rook the final test on population, migration and population pyramids. I think I did well on this test, there was one or two questions I had to guess on but for the most part I knew all the information. If I had to guess what I got on the test I'd say I got a 94% just because of the 2 I had to make an educated quess.
Today in class we watched the population pyramid video, I understand it a lot more after learning the lesson and I didn't think I would in the beginning. In the video it covers how to tell if a countries falling or rising population. It also shows a countries past, like the baby boom in The United States. You can tell by how there is a rise in population in the 60s.
Comments
Post a Comment